From Shadowrun Wiki
|5th Edition Lists|
|Gear List||Magic List||Hacking Lists||Skill List||Qualities List||Packs List||Creature Lists|
|Active Skills||Knowledge Skills||Language Skills||Common Skill and Attribute Uses|
- NO RATING
- This is something other than having no ranks in a skill—this is a special level of ignorance. You haven’t the first clue about this skill. This level can only be achieved through a quality (like the Incompetent negative quality, p. 81), or maybe a character history explaining the deficiency. You can’t default the skill, and it never really occurs to you to even use it to solve your problems.
- RATING 0
- The default level of knowledge obtained through interaction with society and the Matrix. Though untrained, you have a general awareness of the skill, and occasionally may even be able to fake it.
- RATING 1
- You have a little training about how it works, but not always why it works.
- RATING 2
- You’re a hobbyist, but not an enthusiast.
- RATING 3
- You’re skilled at basic operations but struggle with complex operations and “tricks.”
- RATING 4
- You’re comfortable with what you do and perform well under normal pressures. Professional level for most jobs.
- RATING 5
- You know how to handle yourself in unfamiliar situations, and can get creative when solving problems.
- RATING 6
- You could easily sell your skills on the open market. This is the maximum skill level for starting player characters.
- RATING 7
- You’ve seen a lot of what the skill can do, and what it can’t. Other people ask you how to do it.
- RATING 8
- You are a highly sought-after talent. Corporations seek you out (or extract you from other corporations).
- RATING 9
- Your name is synonymous with the skill. If you have multiple skills at this level, you’re lauded as exceptionally gifted.
- RATING 10
- You are famous, even among the very best in your field.
- RATING 11
- You are a paragon to those trying to excel at your skill. Techniques are named after you.
- RATING 12–13
- You have reached the pinnacle of mortal achievement. This expertise represents the top 0.00001% of all practitioners in known history. The very highest rating, 13, can only be reached with the Aptitude quality (p. 72).